Jamie's Tips and Freebies: Chinese Cabbage Recipe

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Chinese Cabbage Recipe

Chinese Cabbage Recipe

I will just come out and say it I use to be a big Chinese take out person. I couldn't get enough of it until that is I started plugging it into my fitness tracker. One egg roll and 1 cup of chicken lo mein 600 calories and the amount of sodium in it oh my god! So I haven't gotten take out in months but still crave Chinese. So I came across this recipe and had to try it and am so glad I did. It not only tastes like lo mein, but is super easy to make and is only roughly 90 calories for a cup. 


Ingredients:

-One whole cabbage (chopped up)
- 2 small onions or whatever you want to use (sliced or chopped)
- 3 celery stalks (chopped)
- 1 tsp - 1 tbsp depending on your taste preference paprika
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (remember soy salt has a lot of salt/sodium in it)
- black pepper to taste

In a large deep skillet take your onions and a little EVOO (or butter or water, be careful if you use water it could become soggy) and cook until translucent roughly 3-5 minutes. Then add cabbage, celery, pepper, paprika, and soy sauce. Stir to mix it well my stove was set to a low/medium cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until desired doneness. Make sure to stir often.

I served mine with thin turkey breasts with bread crumb topping. So good! 

Make it your own add and create. Just be careful because brown liquids like spy sauce pack on a ton of salt/sodium. 

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment