Jamie's Tips and Freebies: Skinny Beef Casserole Recipe

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Skinny Beef Casserole Recipe

Skinny Beef Casserole Recipe

This recipe is a keeper for my family!

Ingredients:

1lb ground sirloin (also could use ground sausage, ground turkey or ground chicken. I opted to use 75/15 ground beef just because I am not a sausage person)

1 can cream style corn ( I used half a bag of frozen corn. I'm not a fan of canned)

1/2 bag of frozen peas or canned

3 garlic cloves

2 peppers diced, I used both green but you can use red also

1 large onion (I used a purple onion, I don't know the real name of it lol)

1 15oz can of tomato sauce

1 package of egg noodles or pasta of your choice (cooked)

1/2 tbsp chilli powder

1/2 tsp red pepper flakes

I omitted the chili powder and pepper flakes because my kids were eating it so instead I added some salt, pepper, paprika and Italian seasoning. 


In a large skillet cook the meat, onions, peppers and garlic over medium heat until meat is cooked. Drain if needed

Combine the skillet mixture with the rest of the ingredients in an oven safe casserole baker (spray if needed first) 



Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. If you don't like crunchy pasta on the top I would reccomend not putting it in for as long. 

Oh and I added a 1/4 cup of mozzerella cheese on the top because the kids don't like crunchy pasta so I tried hiding it lol 

Super easy, simply and healthy!
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment