Jamie's Tips and Freebies: Cabbage Soup Recipe

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Cabbage Soup Recipe

Cabbage Soup Recipe

Have you ever heard of that old cabbage soup diet?!?! Well here is a similar soup that is not only good but if you need to flush your body this is your go to! This soup is really good and super easy to make and you can add just about whatever you. 

I kept mine all veggies but my girlfriend took polish sausage that she pan cooked and added that to her bowl of soup. 

Basically just take all the ingredients and dump in a stock pot or crock pot and cook. 

Stove top took about an hour 
Crock pot 6-8 hours on low 



Ingredients: 

1/2 tsp basil
2 cups cabbage chopped (I used half a head)
1/2 cup carrots chopped (I used 4 small carrots)
2 garlic cloves minced up
1/2 cup green beans (I used frozen)
1/2 cup corn (I used frozen)
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 cup onion chopped (I used one large onion)
1/2 cup zucchini ( I did not use this per my husbands request)
1 whole tomato diced (I added this)
3 cups beef broth ( I used 4 cups)
1 tbsp tomato paste ( I did not do this instead I used 2oz of tomato sauce)
A little salt and pepper ( I did not do this)

Basil and oregano when mixed together with be a little spicy if you don't want spice then add less if you want it more spicy then add more. 
Enjoy!


1 comment: