Jamie's Tips and Freebies: Tarragon Chicken Linguine Recipe

Friday, February 21, 2014

Tarragon Chicken Linguine Recipe

Tarragon Chicken Linguine Recipe

Well let me just state right off I didn't use tarragon or linguine because I didn't have either. This recipe is light in taste and one year old approved!


Ingredients:

3 skinless boneless chicken breast
2 cups fresh broccoli (I am sure you can use frozen)
1/2 tsp dried tarragon or dill (which I used)
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 box of your favorite pasta
2 tsp cornstarch (which I did not have so I added a little milk and butter)
1/4 tsp lemon pepper seasoning or just black pepper
2 tsp olive oil

Bring a large stock pot to a boil and cook your pasta. I add a little salt and oil to the water after the pasta goes in to season a bit and to keep from sticking and have a more even cooking. The last 4 minutes add your broccoli to the pasta and cook. 

I personally like to boil my chicken until it is fork tender just my personal preference so that is what I did for this. But you can take a large skillet add your oil and cook your chicken. You can cut it in cubes or thin strips whatever you would like to do.

Combine broth, cornstarch and seasonings in a small bowl. (I did not do this step because I didn't use cornstarch)

Once your chicken is cooked add your cornstarch mixture to skillet. Cool and stir until thickened, stir in tarragon or dill and cook for 2 minutes. Serve over your pasta. 

This is what I did. Once my chicken was cut up I added it to the skillet with: broth, a little milk, a little butter, lemon pepper and dill. I cooked it until it was thick about 3-5 minutes. I drained my broccoli and pasta and then added the chicken sauce to the drained pasta and mixed. 

I am sure that there are many different variations you could do with this one!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment