Jamie's Tips and Freebies: French Onion Pork Chops Recipe

Thursday, February 20, 2014

French Onion Pork Chops Recipe

French Onion Pork Chop Recipe

I am not a big fan of pork chops mostly because they always turn out dry. I found this recipe and thought why not give it a try. So I did and my 8 year old daughter (who thinks she is a vegetarian and vegan) at everything on her plate the other night including the pork chop and asked me if I could make it again. 

Ingredients:

4 pork chops (I used boneless)
1 tbsp extra Virgin olive oil 
2 cups onions thinly sliced (I used 2 small onions but I think for my personal preference I would use 4 small onions next time)
1 tsp salt (I didn't add salt)
2 tsp water
1 tsp sugar
1/2 cup beef broth
1 oz onion soup mix (see my homemade version here)
1/2 tsp pepper


In a medium skillet over medium heat warm the oil. Stir in the sliced onions and salt (if you want to, I did not). Cook the onions until they are tender about 5 minutes. Stir in the water and sugar reduce heat to low and cook until the onions are a deep golden brown about 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and set to the side or just pour them into your baking dish. 

Preheat oven to 350 and spray your baking dish.

Arrange the onions in the bottom of your dish and then place the pork chops on top. In a small bowl combine the beef stock and onion mix and then pour over the pork chops. It said to cover tightly with foil while cooking but I just left it uncovered. Bake 40-45 minutes or until cooked. I went more like 50 minutes 

Serve the pork chop with the onions and pan sauce on top. Yum

I also made asparagus ( I have shared that recipe too) and mashed potatoes.

Enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment