Jamie's Tips and Freebies: Black Bean Burger Recipe

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Black Bean Burger Recipe

Black Bean Burger Recipe 


Who doesn't love a good burger, am I right?!?! Well for me I can't eat a burger due to stomach issues so I am so happy that I have found this recipe and that it is so good. This recipe could be turned into so many different variations like chipotle, chili, and taco just to name a few. Also if you don't have creole seasoning just goggle what all is in it and make your own that's what I did. 



Ingredients:

1 small onion finely diced
7 tbsp of Olive oil
2 cloves of garlic minced
2 (15.5 oz) cans black beans drained and rinsed
1 tbsp cilantro
1 egg
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp hot sauce
1/2 cup flour
2 tbsp creole seasoning

Cook onion with 1 tbsp olive oil in pan until lightly caramelized. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds more. 

In a large bowl mash beans with back of fork until smooth. Stir in cooled onion mixture, cilantro, egg, salt, pepper, cumin,coriander and hot sauce mix well
I did this all in my ninja instead of in a bowl.

Shape into parties and dust with flour and creole seasoning. 

Heat 6 tbsp of Olive oil in pan. Cook patties until golden brown on both sides. 

Top with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream or whatever you like to top your burgers with. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment